"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Meeting Great Grandma Griffin

Great Grandma Griffin and Cakes drove to Orie's to pick us up. Grandma Griffin made the trip to China when we were living there and CLIMBED the Great Wall at the young age of 87. She is one amazing woman and we were SO happy she finally got to meet Amanda!

Here they are!
Holding her great grandchild.

Sharing a little laugh.

I know...almost the same exact picture. But I just LOVE this moment captured on film.

Great Grandma spoiling Amanda rotten--as she should!

Life is good and we were SOOOO Happy Great Grandma Griffin made the long trip to Indiana to meet Amanda. Grandma would always tell me when we were waiting for Amanda that she was praying for God to speed things up and she thought that one day we would just get the news Amanda was coming and we would be so surprised. Although I always thanked her for her prayers, I tried to explain when adopting from China, things NEVER just speed up and happen like that. Apparently Grandma and God know a LOT more than I do. Those who know the story know Amanda's arrival was a COMPLETE shock arriving about 8 - 12 months before we ever thought we would have our baby girl. Thank you for the prayers and all your amazing faith Grandma! Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment